The Life Enrichment Program at Assisted Living by Hillcrest is designed to enrich the lives of our residents, helping them to share what they have learned with others and to keep learning is very important to us. Apart from providing basic human needs, our goal is that every one of our residents feels a sense of purpose and meaning. We believe that Life Enrichment is not just activities done to pass time. Instead, we offer activities and help develop relationships to keep our residents refreshed and to provide a constant discovery of life.
The primary purpose of the Life Enrichment Specialist is to assist in the daily activities and recreational involvement for the residents of the Assisted Living by Hillcrest.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist Life Enrichment Supervisor to design and implement a creative and exciting life enrichment program to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents. This will include 1:1 client specific programming as well as group settings. Programming needs to address these 7 needs: physical, emotional, cognitive, social, spiritual, aesthetic, and community.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing special events at the residence to include family and friends.
- Develop and maintain contact with community agencies and organizations.
- Respond quickly to patient and family requests with various needs.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Model a service attitude toward others, take ownership in solving problems and take the initiative to make things better, be friendly and courteous to residents, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Attend meetings as needed with Life Enrichment Department from other buildings. These meetings involve sharing your successes, troubleshooting, brainstorming, and learning new programming.
- Maintain a positive, happy, caring attitude toward residents, staff, and visitors.
- Monitor attendance of residents with various programming.
- Participate and facilitate in the “Memories in the Making” program.
- Participate and facilitate in the “Timeslips” program.
- Gather residents for programming, set up materials if needed, assist the group as needed to make the program successful and residents feel happy, content, and purposeful.
- Create and amend resident assessment of vocational strengths and weaknesses a minimum of every 6 months.
- Provide annual review of residents’ activity status.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of activity supplies conducive to client specific and group activities.
- Assist residents as needed.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, visitors based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess basic typing skills along with basic knowledge of computer and word processing, and software.
- Must have the ability to comply with organization and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Must possess a working knowledge of geriatrics and dementia.
- Must complete all state and federal CBRF requirements within 90 days of hire.
Why should you work for us?
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training package
- Paid time off
- Benefits offered
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
How to Apply…
Interested candidates may apply ONLINE, or stop by one of the facilities below to complete an application.
Allouez Parkside Village, Building 1 & 2: 1901 Libal Street Green Bay, WI 54301
Brillion West Haven: 220 Achievement Drive Brillion, WI 54110
Assisted Living By Hillcrest | Assisted Living Staffing Services: 1889 Commerce Drive De Pere, WI 54115
Contact Us Today!
Kari Verhagen, Human Resource Director | email@example.com | 920.606.7939