The Cook / Relief Cook is responsible for the preparation of resident meals as well as the overall cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room. The Cook / Relief Cook will ensure that exceptional customer service is provided to the residents by the dietary staff. The Cook / Relief Cook must possess knowledge and experience in large scale food preparation and cooking methods, with a focus on special diets. The Cook / Relief Cook must also demonstrate reliability, punctuality and a positive attitude.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Prep and prepare ingredients according to the menu.
- Cook and serve meals appropriately.
- Adhere to special diets and dietary restrictions.
- Ensure practices of Standard Precautions are adhered to during the preparation and serving of food.
- Monitor proper temperature settings of the refrigerators and freezers.
- Set place settings for each resident in the dining room, properly clean and sanitize all dishes, flatware, and preparatory equipment immediately after use.
- Clean and sanitize all appliances.
- Perform daily scheduled cleaning duties.
- Maintain high standard of sanitation and safety.
- Vacuum and sweep the dining room.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Assist with deliveries and rotate stock.
- Adhere to all state and local codes.
- A person of integrity who has a desire to provide superior customer service to the elderly.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written format.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively as a team.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Possess good organization skills and demonstrate reliability.
- Must complete all state and federal CBRF requirements within 90 days of hire.
Why should you work for us?
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training package
- Paid time off
- Benefits offered
- Fun and enjoyable work environment
How to Apply…
Interested candidates may apply ONLINE, stop by one of the facilities below to complete an application.
Allouez Parkside Village, Building 1 & 2: 1901 Libal Street Green Bay, WI 54301
Brillion West Haven: 220 Achievement Drive Brillion, WI 54110
Assisted Living By Hillcrest | Assisted Living Staffing Services: 1889 Commerce Drive De Pere, WI 54115
Contact Us Today!
Joe Hickman, Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 920.606.7939