Assisted Living/ CBRF Course Training
Is care giving your passion?
Join us today for state approved/required courses to further your career opportunities
with assisted living!
Group rates available & offering onsite course training at your preferred location
for groups of 5 or more! Click here for details.
- You are not officially registered for a course until full payment & confirmation has been received
- All participants must pass a State test to be eligible for the State registry
- Valid form of government issued identification is required
- All terms & conditions must be met for participants to be enrolled with the State
- Course prices are subject to change
- All courses offered comply with DHS 83.20
- Courses are taught by a licensed Training Specialist
Select your course from this page to get started, or call Jodie at 920-784-0195 with questions.
Courses held at our newly designed training center:
Assisted Living By Hillcrest
1889 Commerce Drive
De Pere, WI 54115
First Aid & Choking
$69.00 – 4 hours
This course provides training in first aid and procedures to minimize choking.
- Recognizing an emergency & response protocol
- Activate the EMS system
- Identify breathing emergencies & how to respond when a person is choking
- Recognize & care for:
- Sudden illness
- Various injuries
- Heart attack & cardiac arrest
$48.00 – 2 hours
This course must successfully be completed before an employee may assume responsibilities that may expose them to blood, bodily fluids or other moist bodily substances.
- Learn about Standard Precautions & how they pertain to your work environment
- Blood-borne pathogens & transmission control
- Personal Protective Equipment
- OSHA Standards
$54.00 – 4 hours
This course provides the skill and knowledge to safely prevent and react to fires in a CBRF.
- Proper extinguishing methods including fire extinguisher use
- Identify the stages of a fire & how they spread
- Flammable material precautions
Medication Management & Administration
$96.00 – 12 hours
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely administer medications in a CBRF setting.
- Medication classifications
- Forms & routes of medications
- Medication terminology & abbreviations
- Accuracy, confidentiality & safety in the administration & management of both prescribed & over the counter medications
- Adverse affects of medication
- Hands on training in lab
- When to notify the MD
Alzheimer’s & Dementia
$45.00 – 6 hours
- Cognitive & environmental challenges
- Assessing common needs
- Person-centered approaches to challenging situations
- General communication techniques
- Caregiver support